Friday, September 19, 2008

DJ's are ppl to

So I was reading Melo –X ‘s blog. He vented about the wreck us Djs put up with. I agree with what he wrote word for word. I deejay 3 nights a week in Staten which is so close minded when it comes to music its either hip hop pop or house music there is no in between. We as deejays go thru what Doujah Raze coined Spinmata. That’s when good deejays get caught in the tidal wave of bullshit when working at a spot. When I was a just starting out I would try and make everyone happy now I play what I want. Now I, make the ppl hear what needs to be heard. Granted you still have to play the commercial in the spot it does keep asses at a bar, but now ill go off on like a 20 minute Tribe called quest set, or play Dilated peoples. People reading this please have some consideration for us DJ folk we have enough stress and don’t need more when you ask hey can you play some Hip hop you know like Brittney Spears that really happened true story. Just some food for thought.

No comments: